“As the behaviour and attendance lead in a school I have looked for numerous data packages which can enable me to provide feedback to key stakeholders. GENIE is by far and away the best I have come across. It is simple to use, aesthetically pleasing and most importantly 100% accurate. I used this package to provide data for our most recent OFSTED inspection and it provided information on every aspect of the behaviour and attendance discussions . I would highly recommend GENIE to any colleague.”
Designed with Ofsted in mind
Just some of the questions answered:-
- What percentage of your SEN Students are persistent absentees?
- What was this percentage last year?
- What percentage of the School’s absence is attributable to the persistent absentees?
- What percentage of your students received 2 or more Fixed Term Exclusions?
- What is the total number of days that students were excluded?
- Who are the FSM Ever6 Students that are persistently absent?
- What impact do the persistent absentees have on school absence?
Provides a clear visual summary of all your data broken down by student characteristic. This can be easily filtered to provide an analysis based on a key group.
- School Absence by Student Characteristic
- Persistent Absentees by Student Characteristic
- Traffic Lighted Summary of a School to National Comparison
- Authorised vs Unauthorised Absence by Student Characteristic
- Proportion of School Absence by Student Characteristic
- School Attendance and Persistent Absentee Half Term breakdown by Student Characteristic
Watch the video below for more information.
All analyses are broken down by key student groups. Including Gender, FSM, Ever6, Pupil Premium, Looked After, EAL, Young Carer, Bursary, SEN, Ethnicity, Year and Reg Groups.
The analysis can be run for any date range within an academic year and provides an indepth look at attendance and exclusion data. The Analyses is updated when filtering on a Year group, enabling the whole genie to show key groups within a specific year group.
National tables are included, with all school data being compared against these and “traffic-lighted” to enable a clear view of problem areas.
Half Term Analysis
The Genie uses your SIMS calendar to provide a Half Term by Half Term analysis. This remove much of the need to run separate analysis for each half term.
The student groups used reflect the group as it was within each half term, for example if a student becomes SEN ‘K’ in HT4 they would be counted as such in HT4 but not in previous Half Terms.
ttStudent filters are applied live, as a result all figures and charts will update to reflect the chosen options. Using these options you can restrict which students are included within the analyses. Student Characteristics you can filter by include:- Year group, Curriculum year group, House, Gender, PP and SEN. You can also remove your Persistent Absentees, Leavers or Excluded Students.
If you have individual students you want to remove this can also be done from the ‘Working’ Sheet, and again all analysis will update live.
The PA Threshold can be changed and all PA figures will update in real time to reflect this change, including charts.
Attendance options allow you to exclude a particular attendance code. For example if you wanted to see what affect absence due to Holiday has had, you could tick to exclude the F,H and G codes. The Genie will then treat these as attendance not required and completely ignore them from the calculations.
Why not give it a try…
You can downlaod a pre populated demo version of the Pastoral Genie as see exactly what it can do for you.